9 Do you have an arm like God’s?
Can you thunder with a voice like His?
10 Adorn yourself with majesty and splendor,
and clothe yourself with honor and glory.
11 Unleash your raging anger;
look on every proud person and humiliate him.
12 Look on every proud person and humble him;
trample the wicked where they stand.
13 Hide them together in the dust;
imprison them in the grave.
14 Then I will confess to you
that your own right hand can deliver you.
God gave Job, the qualifications that a person needs, to make it into heaven through one’s own ability.
I will break it down so you can see that to work for your own salvation, will require the individual to be God.
1. (v.9) To have an arm like God’s and to have a voice that thunders both mean the same thing. It is to have great and awesome power to create and destroy at will.
“Your right hand, O Lord, has become glorious in power;
Your right hand, O Lord, has dashed the enemy in pieces.
The heavens declare the glory of God,
and the sky proclaims the work of His hands.
The heavens were made by the word of the Lord,
and all the stars, by the breath of His mouth.
2. (v.10) To have or display majesty, splendor, honor, and glory, you would have had to create a universe or something equal to that of God’s to showcase your glory. See Psalms 19:1
3. (vs.11-12) To unleash your raging anger means to, first of all, be without sin and righteous to be able to be justified in punishing the wicked, at will unleash the plagues as seen in the Book of Revelation and control its outcome, and to have the wisdom to judge rightly between the humble and the haughty. Also, knowing everyone’s life that ever lived from birth to their death and having the power to send someone to heaven or to the Lake of Fire.
4. (v.13) Another qualification to possess is that once you have sent someone to hell, you need to have the power to keep him/her there for eternity, to pay for their sins.
5. (v.14) If you have all of these qualifications, then you can definitely deliver yourself from hell and make it into heaven through your own strength without believing in Jesus for salvation.
When people say that they don’t need Jesus to go to heaven but can do it by their own goodness, they are indirectly saying that they are God. Only by having faith in Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection can a person be delivered from spiritual death.