28 On the day the Lord spoke to Moses in the land of Egypt, 29 He said to him, “I am Yahweh; tell Pharaoh king of Egypt everything I am telling you.”
The verses above reveal three important things that we as believers must understand in light of our walk with the Lord.
1. “The Lord spoke to Moses” Before God sends you on His mission, He will speak to your heart and reveal what He wants you to do. Be patient and wait for His direction.
2. “I am Yahweh” According to Exodus 3, the name Yahweh means “I Am” which in turn simply means “eternal, having no beginning.” In John 8:58, Jesus said: “Before Abraham was, I am.” Jesus called Himself Yahweh, illustrating that He had no beginning and He was the one who sent Moses to Egypt. We have to preach and declare to those who the Spirit of God sends us to, to reveal the true nature of Christ.
3. “tell Pharaoh king of Egypt everything I am telling you.” If you notice, God instructs Moses to make sure to proclaim everything that He had told him. Simply put, God told Moses to tell Pharaoh, the Word of God. This is vital when we are sent by the Holy Spirit to an individual that God wants to reach, to solely preach God’s Word with no extra-biblical sources.
- We must understand that God only wants us to use that which contains His very Words when telling people about Him.
- We must Proclaim and defend Christ’s divine nature, that He is God and apart from Jesus, “there is no salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”–John 4:12 –MEV–