12 How can I repay the LORD for all the good he has done for me? 13 I will take the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD.
How can a person give back to the Lord for all the blessings he has? Take the cup of salvation. What is the cup of salvation?
Let us look at verse 13 with the wordsalvationin Hebrew.
13 I will take the cup ofYeshuaand call on the name of the LORD.
Now, the true meaning.
13 I will take the cup ofJesusand call on the name of the LORD.
27 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks, he gave it to them and said, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 For this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
How can you repay the LORD for all the good He has given you? Believe in His Son Jesus Christ and for shedding His blood on the cross for your sins. If you call on His name, you shall be saved.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly in him the love of God is perfected. This is how we know we are in Him: 6 The one who says he remains in Him should walk just as He walked.
If you are not walking with Jesus Christ through His Word, my hope is to persuade you today, to put your hope and trust in Him because without Him, you will not be able to enter into heaven (John 14:6) and will end up in hell (torment) for an eternity (Revelation 14:11; 20:15). If you claim to follow Jesus but are doing so apart from Scripture then what Jesus are you truly following?
Jesus came to earth to die in your place (Romans 4:25; 5:6,8) and take the punishment that you deserve upon Himself because He loves you so much (John 3:16-17). You were born in sin (Psalms 51:5) and it doesn’t matter how many good works you do (Isaiah 64:6), it can never erase the fact that you are stained with sin since the day you were born.
Imagine a murderer asking the judge if he can be set free from his sentence by performing good works and even saving people’s lives. His good works will never take away his bad decision in killing someone. No judge in their right mind, one who doesn’t take bribes will allow such a ridiculous request. The penalty for the crime committed must be carried out. In the same way, the human race is stained with hereditary sin which came from Adam, the first man created and passed it down to all of us (Romans 5:12).
No amount of good deeds can erase it but Jesus’ sacrificial blood (Ephesians 2:8-9) is the only detergent that can wash away your stained (sin) shirt (life) (1 John 1:7). There’s no detergent in the world that can be found like itunless you go to Him to get it. The best part is, it’s free and your stained shirt will forever be stain-free! (John 10:28 “I give them eternal life, and they will never perish—ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand.”)
Don’t delay to follow Jesus. Tomorrow is never guaranteed. To some people, this day might be their last and there’s no better time to put your life in order than today by putting your faith in Him and asking Him to forgive you for all your sins. He will wash it all away and give you eternal life.
9 Do you have an arm like God’s? Can you thunder with a voice like His? 10 Adorn yourself with majesty and splendor, and clothe yourself with honor and glory. 11 Unleash your raging anger; look on every proud person and humiliate him. 12 Look on every proud person and humble him; trample the wicked where they stand. 13 Hide them together in the dust; imprison them in the grave. 14 Then I will confess to you that your own right hand can deliver you.
God gave Job, the qualifications that a person needs, to make it into heaven through one’s own ability.
I will break it down so you can see that to work for your own salvation, will require the individual to be God.
1. (v.9) To have an arm like God’s and to have a voice that thunders both mean the same thing. It is to have great and awesome power to create and destroy at will.
“Your right hand, O Lord, has become glorious in power; Your right hand, O Lord, has dashed the enemy in pieces.
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky proclaims the work of His hands.
The heavens were made by the word of the Lord, and all the stars, by the breath of His mouth.
2. (v.10) To have or display majesty, splendor, honor, and glory, you would have had to create a universe or something equal to that of God’s to showcase your glory. See Psalms 19:1
3. (vs.11-12) To unleash your raging anger means to, first of all, be without sin and righteous to be able to be justified in punishing the wicked, at will unleash the plagues as seen in the Book of Revelation and control its outcome, and to have the wisdom to judge rightly between the humble and the haughty. Also, knowing everyone’s life that ever lived from birth to their death and having the power to send someone to heaven or to the Lake of Fire.
4. (v.13) Another qualification to possess is that once you have sent someone to hell, you need to have the power to keep him/her there for eternity, to pay for their sins.
5. (v.14) If you have all of these qualifications, then you can definitely deliver yourself from hell and make it into heaven through your own strength without believing in Jesus for salvation.
When people say that they don’t need Jesus to go to heaven but can do it by their own goodness, they are indirectly saying that they are God. Only by having faith in Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection can a person be delivered from spiritual death.