6 Then he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will freely give to the thirsty from the spring of the water of life.
Then he said to me, “It is done! God’s judgment on a sinful world has been completed and justice was served.
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. This is a title that only belongs to Yahweh [which means I AM the Eternal One found in Exodus 3] and here in the Book of Revelation it belongs to Jesus Christ [Revelation 1:17-18]
I will freely give to the thirsty from the spring of the water of life. Salvation is always free by placing one’s faith in the work of Jesus’ death and resurrection for one’s sins.
7 The one who conquers will inherit these things, and I will be his God, and he will be my son.
The one who conquers is in reference to conquering a sinful lifestyle [see the list in verse 8], a life lived without God in their hearts. Without the Holy Spirit in one’s heart, there will be no restraint in curving the sinful craving.
and I will be his God, and he will be my son. Salvation is not only acquiring eternal life but it is also being adopted into God’s family.
8 But the cowards, faithless, detestable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars—their share will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
1. Cowards-Those who profess to be Christians but are ashamed of the Word of God by compromising the truth. False converts.
2. Faithless-A person who chooses not to believe in the God who is revealed in Scripture. Instead, they live for the pleasures of this world.
3. Detestable-Living a life of Atheism, Homosexuality, Beastiality, Abortionist, Trans-Gender, and Witchcraft.
3. Murderers-Killing people for hatred of all kinds, money, and revenge.
4. Sexually Immoral-Sexual lust which includes Homosexuality, Adultery, Fornication, and Beastiality.
5. Sorcerers-Those who practice witchcraft of any kind which includes New Age, Satanism, Voodoo, Santeria [a Spanish form of Voodoo], and Catholicism [prayers for the dead].
9 “When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not imitate the detestable customs of those nations. 10 No one among you is to sacrifice his son or daughter in the fire, practice divination, tell fortunes, interpret omens, practice sorcery, 11 cast spells, consult a medium or a spiritist, or inquire of the dead. 12 Everyone who does these acts is detestable to the Lord, and the Lord your God is driving out the nations before you because of these detestable acts.
Anyone or anything that takes preeminence over Christ.
6. Idolaters-Any religion that worships statues and prays to them. The worship of money, self, any type of worldly material, leaders, and spiritual leaders can become idolatry.
7. Liars-Those who always bend the truth to get their way. That type of language is Satanic
44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of lies.
Everyone who lives a life from the list mentioned above, will at death be thrown into the Lake of Fire for rejecting the only person that can forgive sins, Jesus Christ.