16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to attest these things to you for the churches. I am the root and descendant of David, the bright morning star.”
The Book of Revelation came straight from Jesus Christ to the Apostle John, to warn us and to show us that no matter what happens to us here, we are more than victorious.
The phrase “I am the root and descendant of David” shows that Jesus is the promised Christ/Messiah who was foretold in the Old Testament that would come.
“The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.
5 “Look, the days are coming”—this is the Lord’s declaration— “when I will raise up a Righteous Branch for David. He will reign wisely as king and administer justice and righteousness in the land. 6 In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. This is the name he will be called: The Lord Is Our Righteousness.
The phrase “the bright morning star” could refer to the sign given by which it would show who was the Christ, the chosen one from God.
After Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of King Herod, wise men from the east arrived in Jerusalem, 2 saying, “Where is he who has been born king of the Jews? For we saw his star at its rising and have come to worship him.”
17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” Let anyone who hears, say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come. Let the one who desires take the water of life freely.
The phrase “Both the Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” The believer and the Spirit of God are one in mind, the desire for the coming of Christ and to be with Him.
The Holy Spirit through the believer in Jesus encourages everyone to put their trust in Jesus Christ for eternal life.
18 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book.
Whoever adds to the words of the Book of Revelation will drink a full cup of His wrath. In other words, to add to the Bible is to reject the Lord Jesus Christ, as the evidence shows a lack of love for God’s Word.
The phrase “God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book” Could refer to the ones who would add to God’s Word, even though they might not live in the time mentioned in the Book of Revelation, must likely feel some of the plagues in hell which will follow them there.
19 And if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share of the tree of life and the holy city, which are written about in this book.
When a person decides to tamper with God’s Word and remove words or verses as to deceive people by making the Bible say something else, their fate has been sealed. A love for God’s Word shows that the Spirit of God resides in you. Whoever hates the Scriptures, hates Jesus whose name is the Word of God [Revelation 19:13].
20 He who testifies about these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.”
Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!
Jesus said in Matthew 24:32-33, 32 “Learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 In the same way, when you see all these things, recognize that he is near—at the door.
What to look for, for the return of the Lord Jesus Christ. Remember, these things will intensify right before His return. Below is that list.
1. [Verses 4-5] A mass deception through false Christs
2. [Verse 6] Threats of world wars
3. [Verse 7] Famine reaching more countries and earthquakes in various places being more frequent
4. [Verse 9] An alarming rate of persecutions of Christians in the world
5. [Verse 10] A mass decline of Christians, those who professed to be a follower of Jesus Christ and turns back from following Him
6. [Verse 11] A lot of false Christians will arise [the prosperity Gospel and liberal Christianity of all kind] and deceive many from following the true Christ of Scripture
7. [Verse 12] The love for one’s neighbor will decline drastically through the influx of Atheism, cults, and the occult.
8. [Verse 14] The Gospel will reach to all the countries of the world, everyone will hear the Gospel about Jesus Christ
9. [Verse 15] And the greatest sign to watch for is the rebuilding of the Third Temple when the Antichrist will place his statue of himself in the corner of the temple and proclaim to be God [2 Thessalonians 2:4]. That act will start the Great Tribulation plagues mentioned in the Book of Revelation.
21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with everyone. Amen.
The Greek word for grace is charis which means kindness and favor.
God’s favor upon a person is having their sins forgiven and obtaining eternal life through faith in the Son of God, Jesus Christ.