First of all, God hears all prayers and takes delight in them. Some of the reasons that God might not answer a person’s prayer could be that
1. If we are not walking close to Him in obedience.
2. If we are not reading the Bible or praying every day.
3. If we haven’t repented for a sin that we have committed.
4. If we haven’t forgiven a person who wronged us.
Some of the reasons that God delays or says no to our request.
1. It’s not the right time for us to get it.
2. God is just saying no to our request because it’s not right for us.
3. God is testing you to see if you still remain faithful to Him if He doesn’t give it to you right away.
4. God has something better for you than what you are asking Him for.
Don’t lose heart when it seems that God is not answering you, just tell the Lord in prayer that you will rely on Him regardless if He answers you or not. The Lord wants to see if you still love Him if He doesn’t give it to you right away. Remember that the Lord God knows best and He sees the beginning and the end, just trust Him and don’t lose heart.
He then told them a parable on the need for them to pray always and not become discouraged: 2 “There was a judge in a certain town who didn’t fear God or respect man. 3 And a widow in that town kept coming to him, saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’
4 “For a while he was unwilling, but later he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or respect man, 5 yet because this widow keeps pestering me, I will give her justice, so she doesn’t wear me out by her persistent coming.’”
6 Then the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 Will not God grant justice to His elect who cry out to Him day and night? Will He delay to help them? 8 I tell you that He will swiftly grant them justice. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He find that faith on earth?”